According to his letters, Noah is transforming into a completely alien creature who irons his underwear and takes pride in the crisp 45-degree angles of his bed sheets and receives recognition for his towel-folding skillz and gets mad at himself for improperly orienting his pillow. In short, the Navy is slowly and systematically making him into a Stepford Wife.
- Found myself shoulder-deep in a storm drain retrieving a crappy toy ring for a crying child
- Found myself elbow-deep in a really gross submerged water meter after a nearby water main burst
- Come to think of it, I've been elbow-and-shoulder-deep in way more things than I ever have been before
- I've chopped wood more than once, on the old stump out back
- I've started and maintained several fires (legally, in my fireplace)
- I've killed bugs that looked threatening and caught and released others that somehow made me feel sorry for them
- I've identified and interred a dead mouse (if you count "picking it up with a shovel and throwing it into the woods" interring)
- I've identified and made my dad dispose of a dead rat (OMG GROSS)
- I've suppressed tears more than once but was ultimately overcome most of the time
In reality, I think my level of pride in doing these manly things make me less The Man than it makes me A Gay Man, but whatever.