I recently came across GivesMeHope.com through the fabulous Sarah Von of Yes and Yes. It has inspired me to share a few things that give me hope today, as we wait for the results of my mother-in-law's PET scans.
- A woman I've only ever talked to via phone (I'm buying a chair from her off Craigslist) said she'd have to invite me to dinner at Childress Vineyards because the meal she had there last night was phenomenal. Her willingness to make a new friend GMH.
- Every time I go pick up a BLT at the cafe across the street, the 30-something tatooed cashier calls me "Dear." Her affection toward strangers GMH.
- Last night I met a new professor whose passion for something I also care about was invigorating. Her enthusiasm for learning GMH.
- My son called for me from his crib at 10:30 last night. He cuddled with me for 15 minutes before volunteering to go back to bed. His desire to be with me GMH.
- I've done something crazy to pursue a dream, and already doors are opening. These small reassurances that I've done the right thing GMH.