Noah's mom has been babysitting Ethan for us while our lovely child-minders (Heather and Brian) are out of town on vacation with their little
So naturally I came up with a list of things to do with my rare free evening:
- Go to the YWCA and swim my 20 laps.
- Drive to Greensboro and peruse the aisles of Ulta at my leisure. (I tried taking Ethan to the beauty section of CVS, and ended up attempting to compare products while chasing a yelling and screaming and laughing Ethan around the store while he brandished a couple of bronzers and nearly ran down a couple of elderly folks.)
- Enjoy the preparation and consumption of a quiet dinner.
- Paint the kitchen cabinets and add a chair rail with some moulding.
- Refinish our new-to-us kitchen table and chairs.
- Bake Ina Garten's Apple Cake Tatin.
- Completley clean the house top to bottom and reorganize all of our closets.
- Make and place ant traps around the perimeter of our house.
- Watch a movie.
I'm guessing it will be #9. Do I win something if I'm right?
I was also going to say that you will accomplish #9 as that is the Erin thing to do.
Sophie should cook the dinner (as Zoe should not be tempted with such plentiful fare), but if Zoe cleans house she can sit in the kitchen and taste-test for Sophie.
Cody can eliminate the need for ant traps by digging up their nests.
Then you can watch a movie about swimming while Noah gives you a makeover using various samples procured from a local Avon lady.
I love your blogs!
haha! this is just what my list would be like.
I am thinking there are several favorites on the list, but guess that you will get more reading done than on a typical evening.
Um... child-free house? There'd better be a number 10 that didn't make the list....
(Noah can thank me later.)
Alicia—If only our "teenagers" were so helpful. I have asked Noah to give me a mani-pedi before, but to no avail.
Carrie—Thank you!! I can't wait to see you guys!
Maggie May—We should compare our "to-do" and "accomplished" lists.
Slamdunk—You know, I've actually been in a bit of a reading slump lately. More on that later...
Christopher—I was just singing your praises to Noah tonight, about how you're such a thoughtful person. If he wasn't convinced before, he surely will be now!
And to Anonymous Mom and Anonymous Dad—You were both right. We watched "There Will Be Blood." We have a knack for choosing horribly depressing films on our "romantic date nights." Like the time we saw "Gangs of New York" on Valentine's. Perhaps we should steer clear of any Daniel Day Lewis films on future date nights.
Well I'm certainly glad you didn't work out or do a chore! Goodness gracious, lady. It was your night OFF.
Oh Daniel Day. What a lovable nutcase. Did you know he's a cobbler?
It's true! Just check his IMDB bio.
As proud recipient of your "makes borderline inappropriate comments" award I'm a little disappointed that Christopher got in there with the number 10 suggestion before me.
Hehe great post :D Wow a night off! That's quite the list. I should clean the house too. Crap.
I recently came accross your blog and have been reading along. I thought I would leave my first comment. I dont know what to say except that I have enjoyed reading. Nice blog. I will keep visiting this blog very often.
May—I actually did go to the Y on my way home. Such is the extent of my dedication.
Dude. That is a LONG list.
Post a Comment